PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:30 am 
Board Asshat

HOST: IAN PUNNETT

END OF THE WORLD SPECIAL

CRYPTO NEWS (0:10 - 0:15)

MICHAEL SHERMER, Ph.D. (0:15 - 1:00)
End of the World Prophecies

resized from http://www.michaelshermer.com/press/shermer_09_press.jpg

Dr. Michael Shermer is the Founding Publisher of Skeptic magazine, the Executive Director of the Skeptics Society, a monthly columnist for Scientific American, the host of the Skeptics Distinguished Science Lecture Series at Caltech, and Adjunct Professor of Economics at Claremont Graduate University.

Dr. Shermer’s latest book is The Mind of the Market, on evolutionary economics. His last book was Why Darwin Matters: Evolution and the Case Against Intelligent Design, and he is the author of Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown, about how the mind works and how thinking goes wrong. His book The Science of Good and Evil: Why People Cheat, Gossip, Share Care, and Follow the Golden Rule, is on the evolutionary origins of morality and how to be good without God. He wrote a biography, In Darwin’s Shadow, about the life and science of the co-discoverer of natural selection, Alfred Russel Wallace. He also wrote The Borderlands of Science, about the fuzzy land between science and pseudoscience, and Denying History, on Holocaust denial and other forms of pseudohistory. His book How We Believe: Science, Skepticism, and the Search for God, presents his theory on the origins of religion and why people believe in God. He is also the author of Why People Believe Weird Things on pseudoscience, superstitions, and other confusions of our time.

Dr. Shermer received his B.A. in psychology from Pepperdine University, M.A. in experimental psychology from California State University, Fullerton, and his Ph.D. in the history of science from Claremont Graduate University (1991). He was a college professor for 20 years (1979–1998), teaching psychology, evolution, and the history of science at Occidental College (1989–1998), California State University Los Angeles, and Glendale College. Since his creation of the Skeptics Society, Skeptic magazine, and the Skeptics Distinguished Science Lecture Series at Caltech, he has appeared on such shows as The Colbert Report, 20/20, Dateline, Charlie Rose, Larry King Live, Tom Snyder, Donahue, Oprah, Lezza, Unsolved Mysteries (but, proudly, never Jerry Springer!), and other shows as a skeptic of weird and extraordinary claims, as well as interviews in countless documentaries aired on PBS, A&E, Discovery, The History Channel, The Science Channel, and The Learning Channel. Shermer was the co-host and co-producer of the 13-hour Family Channel television series, Exploring the Unknown.

C2C Biography: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/michael-shermer-dr/6038

Last Show: Monday December 7, 2009 ("The Skeptical Perspective" with George Noory)

Links: http://www.michaelshermer.com ; http://www.skeptic.com

Contact: http://www.michaelshermer.com/about-michael/press-info

KEN HANSON, Ph.D. (1:05 - 1:30)
Current End of the World Fiasco

resized from http://www.treasuresintime.org/Site/Media_files/image001.jpg

A scholar of Hebrew language and literature, the history of biblical lands, and Jewish and early Christian culture, Ken Hanson, Ph.D., teaches Judaic Studies at the University of Central Florida in Orlando and Philosophy and Religion at Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida. Passionate about his research of the ancient world, Dr. Hanson first found his calling while he was a young undergraduate student. Acquiescing to his intellectual curiosity about western culture, he decided to travel back to "the root of it all," the Cradle of Civilization, the ancient Near East.

Having never before been out of the continental United States, he boarded a plane for the Middle East and found himself living and studying on Jerusalem's Mt. Zion. Becoming fluent in Hebrew, he then earned a Master's Degree in international/inter-cultural communication and television, and subsequently worked for a television news gathering operation in southern Lebanon. He lived in a politically volatile region of northern Galilee (an area subject to rocket attacks), and daily commuted over a hostile border where, in addition to his broadcasting duties, he served as the company liaison officer with the Israeli Army.

Having encountered terrorism face-to-face in his work as a broadcaster, Ken gained valuable insight into today's Middle East conflict. Turning his talents to other endeavors, he went on to teach Hebrew to international groups of volunteer workers at Kibbutz Ga'aton in western Galilee.

What began for Ken as a few months of language study also led to a trip to Jerusalem's Israel Museum, to a special annex built to house the Dead Sea Scrolls. Realizing that his study of Hebrew enabled him to read the ancient texts, he was amazed to realize how little the Hebrew language has changed in two millennia. Having acquired the key to unlocking the Dead Sea Scrolls, he resolved to pursue his doctoral studies in that field.

A natural storyteller, Dr. Hanson has, through his books, DEAD SEA SCROLLS: THE UNTOLD STORY, KABBALAH, THE ESSENE BOOK OF EVERYDAY VIRTUE, SECRETS FROM THE LOST BIBLE and BLOOD KIN OF JESUS made a rich treasure of ancient texts accessible to everyone. Believing that such documents comprise a metaphysical library that we can use to better understand one another, Dr. Hanson carries his ecumenical message beyond the scholarly boundaries in which they were once held captive. His appearances on syndicated radio and national television (The History Channel), have brought ancient insight into everyone's world.

In 1997 Dr. Hanson was honored with a fully-funded scholarship by the Holocaust Memorial Center of Maitland, Florida to study at the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. A recipient of wide accolade from the print media and in great demand as a popular lecturer, Ken is a frequent guest on radio and TV talk shows in various parts of the country.

C2C Biography: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/hanson-dr-kenneth/5951

Last Show: Sunday April 3, 2011 ("Jordan Codices" with George Noory)

Links: http://www.treasuresintime.org

JUDITH ORLOFF, M.D. (1:35 - 2:00)
Belief in 'End Times' Prophecy

resized from http://www.drjudithorloff.com/images/judith-portrait.jpg

Transforming the face of psychiatry, Judith Orloff, MD is an assistant clinical professor of Psychiatry at UCLA and author of the New York Times and international bestseller Emotional Freedom upon which a public television special is based. She synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition, energy, and spirituality to achieve physical and emotional healing. She passionately asserts that we have the power to transform negative emotions and achieve inner peace. She offers practical strategies to overcome frustration, stress, and worry and teaches people how to quiet overactive minds that won’t shut off.

Dr. Orloff, who comes from a family of 25 physicians, advocates "a democracy of healing," wherein every aspect of ourselves is granted a vote in the search for total health. She has been celebrated for her unique approach to mental well-being by proving that the links between physical, emotional, and spiritual health can’t be ignored.

Dr. Orloff is accomplishing for psychiatry what physicians like Dean Ornish and Mehmet Oz have done for mainstream medicine." Dr. Orloff has spoken at medical schools, hospitals, universities, the American Psychiatric Association, Fortune Magazine’s Most Powerful Women Summit, and alternative and traditional health forums—venues where she presents tools to doctors, patients, and everyday people. She graduated USC School of Medicine, completed a four year psychiatric residency program at UCLA, and currently mentors UCLA medical students and psychiatry-residents-in-training. She is on Natural Health Magazine's Advisory Board and Body and Soul Magazine had called Dr. Orloff "one of our nation's top doctors."

As a board-certified psychiatrist, Dr. Orloff blends her traditional medical skills with intuition to enhance patient care. A new edition of her book "Second Sight" (Three Rivers Press, 2010) chronicles her challenges and triumphs embracing her own intuition and integrating it into medicine. Emotional Freedom (Three Rivers Press, 2011) helps readers liberate themselves from negative emotions and develop hope, compassion, and courage. It is a roadmap for those who are stressed, discouraged, or overwhelmed--and for those who are in a good emotional place but want to feel better. As Dr. Orloff shows, each day presents opportunities for us to be heroes in our own lives: to turn away from negativity, react constructively, and seize command of any situation. Her other bestsellers include Positive Energy, Guide to Intuitive Healing, and Second Sight, a trilogy of books exploring new breakthroughs in intuition, energy, and how to combat an epidemic of exhaustion overtaking our world. Positive Energy is a national and Los Angeles Times bestseller which has been translated into 24 languages.

Dr. Orloff served as a consultant and dream expert for the companion documentary to the feature film, "Inception" which explored the nature of dreams.

Dr. Orloff is also a Huffington Post and Psychology Today blogger.

From: http://www.drjudithorloff.com/about-judith-orloff.htm

C2C Biography: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/orloff-dr-judith/6338

Last Show: Saturday January 22, 2011 ("Schizophrenia & Emotional Vampirism" with Ian Punnett)

Links: http://www.drjudithorloff.com

OPEN LINES (2:05 - 4:00)

From the CoastZone Newsletter

Today in Strangeness:

On this day in 1956, the United States exploded the first airborne hydrogen bomb. It was dropped from a B-52 bomber over the tiny island of Namu in the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean. And on today's date in 1972, Michelangelo's statue Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome was vandalized by a mentally deranged Hungarian geologist named Laszlo Toth.

An old cowboy went riding out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw
A-plowing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the Riders coming hard and he heard their mournful cry

Yippie yi Ohhhhh
Yippie yi yaaaaay
Coast Riders in the sky

Last edited by AM-Stereo-Relic on Sun May 22, 2011 2:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:52 am 
Board Asshat

I look at the way Shermer posed for his pic and can't help thinking what a conceited SOB he is. :what-the:

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin',
Though teh streams are swollen,
Keep tehm kittehs rollin', rawhide...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 am 
Water Bearer

AM-Stereo-Relic wrote:
I look at the way Shermer posed for his pic and can't help thinking what a conceited SOB he is. :what-the:

Loox like he's attempting to replicate the Rodin statue... "The Thinker".
Reading his info above, seems he's a direct illustration of the "thinking themselves wise, they become fools" verse from the Bible.
LOL, ironic: a petrified-in-stone character just like the Rodin statue he's attempting to emulate.

:dizzy:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:11 pm 
Board Asshat

Aquafan wrote:
AM-Stereo-Relic wrote:

Loox like he's attempting to replicate the Rodin statue... "The Thinker".
Reading his info above, seems he's a direct illustration of the "thinking themselves wise, they become fools" verse from the Bible.
LOL, ironic: a petrified-in-stone character just like the Rodin statue he's attempting to emulate.

:dizzy:

Looks more to me like "The Stinker" by Rodan. :shrug:

http://www.freewebs.com/tohoisland5/Rodan_Money_Shot.jpg

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin',
Though teh streams are swollen,
Keep tehm kittehs rollin', rawhide...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:15 pm 
Is Not Going To Take This Anymore

You know i got to be honest i figured when Obama put out the long form that was it. I was so wrong im lisening to Jerome Corsi on Alex Jones oh man i mean i guess if you blow it up they find computers did all kinds of stuff to it. His Grandmother kept saying he was born in Kenya and come to find out someone whiped all the stuff out from Kenya.

You know i already think Obama is one of the worst Presidents but if he is not a citizen, and worse the Birth C is a fraud dude this is insane. And Obama says i dont need congress to go to war. Oh i need a drink.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:30 pm 

Pope Blesses astronauts then poops his pants.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110521/ap_ ... ce_shuttle

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:37 pm 

Arnold Schwarzenegger that loser his love child. Cheats on Skeletor's wife. I love switching lol. And you just figured you where so smart. LOL :roflol: Your right AM Arnold is a loser.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-arnold- ... d=13626896

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:18 pm 
Water Bearer

Was going to pick this up for $1 at the library book sale and send it to CF.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N2 ... 5XJV69E8HB
Maybe give him some ideas for the Dust Pit.
:very-happy:
As it was, I was 25 cents short, so I just looked and didn't buy.
I thought it would have been a 'fun' idea, though, CF.
:lol:

On separate thought, I'm tempted to just about to take up my hammer and bucket of KILZ and go out and see AM and stop him from being subject to Highway Robbery on fixing up Ye Olde House there.

I dunno. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to live in the Sparrow House (aka apartment building) where I am. Houses just mean Tons of Work.

The lack of tomato-growing space here though definitively is a draw-back. And even so, if I put one or two out, in the flower bed, (I don't think I'm allowed to, tho) they'd probably 'disappear' right around August.

Slappy, btw, I don't know if you saw any of the "toddler" (!!!)pics of Arnold's child-with-his-cook, but I saw one with his face unblurred, and the little boy looked like a CLONE of Arnold. blond, blue-eyed, features almost exactly the same...and look, the cook was Guatamalan, her husband was deep-Hispanic, probably Guatamalan, too...and Wife Maria would have had to be brain-dead not to know many years ago what waz up.
She could have left him at any time - but "Marriages of Continuing Convenience", on the part of both parties, often endure UNTIL the "secret" is publicized....or about to be...and THEN the wife leaves.

From the pix, looks like (imho) both parties were quite complicit on hiding all that.
After all.. the Governship and GovernerShippess aren't gonna blow an incredibly prestigious and lucrative Governship of California over it, c'mon.

And Maria just can't keep appearing enough on Oprah, eh? Yeah, well, Maria's coming up with some new show, right?!
Peeps in show-biz make 'big moves' when it suits them, and their "careers", let's face it.
Even those the facts of the matter may have happened DECADES ago, and they were fully aware of it then.
they're just brought out for publicity at this time for the "Really Big Shew".

Just wish them both the best, and let them both stay the fame-whorz they both are.
No class on either of their parts.
And the one kid tweets that "life has big bumps in the road sometimes, but that's ok, because we (Schwargneggers) all have Hummers".

All of that stuff gave me a good laugh, when I ran into it casually on the Internet.
Seems like Dad, Mom and Kids - none of 'em have a Reality-Clue on how to think or act with any comportment or grace.
THAT is the truly sad aspect to the matter, doncha think?

Ok, I'm taking off my Hedda Hopper hat right now, but between Maria and Arnold... uh, I don't know...toss the coin up in the air and I think you're gonna get the same face of the coin every time.

Women can be just as "bad" as men, but just in different ways.

She knew all about Harrrrrrnold, yet defended and praised him to the skies and the California women-constituants when...she 99% sure knew 'different'.

These political-power wives .... are just as bad as their Elite husbands many times.

Look at the IMF head's wife, defending him left and right. When he has a history of this stuff, for years.

:roflol:

Fame and money and power are the worst thing that can happen to people. Both women and men.
It corrupts both.
It's sad.

So put your feet up, have a brew, enjoy being a 'simple man', (the best kind of man there is!) and just know you got those world-players beat in ALL phases and stages of the Game of Life:
You actually have Core-Values and aren't corrupted in Soul.

:toast:

I have to run, won't be around for a while.
NW, keep up keeping the West Coast in line.
Gas prices are going down a bit here in "South Detroit", so maybe you can break on those soon.
CF, keep alla that spotlight shined on all those Political Black-Magic Ops.
Slappy, stay strong and don't worry.
AM, I'll be talking to you - SK, you too.

C U soon, friends.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:41 pm 
Mr. Fix-it

Actually dropped about 20 cents in the last few weeks here...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 pm 
Supreme Commander of the Asgard-Terran Fleet

The Dustpit IS a screened-in room.

I'm thinking someday maybe trying to replace the screens with whatever they're using today, polycarb I think, and trying to use it for a greenhouse.

"If you become the enemy, the enemy wins, no matter the outcome of the battle." Thomas Marik, 1 January 3055
* * In Ore Alienum Icere * *

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:32 pm 

Image Republicans in Congress to Crown Obama King Image

In what will come as a shock to the Tea Party and yet probably not rival the recent royal wedding in London for viewership, Republican Congressman Buck McKeon and Republican Senator John McCain plan to crown President Barack Obama King of America. They're not kidding, and this is no stunt.

Here's what noted Republican Abraham Lincoln once wrote on the subject:

"Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so, whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such purpose -- and you allow him to make war at pleasure. Study to see if you can fix any limit to his power in this respect, after you have given him so much as you propose. If, today, he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada, to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him, "I see no probability of the British invading us" but he will say to you "be silent; I see it, if you don't." The provision of the Constitution giving the war-making power to Congress, was dictated, as I understand it, by the following reasons: Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object. This, our Convention understood to be the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this oppression upon us."

But what if you can create laws that violate the Constitution, and then obey those laws, the Constitution be damned? And what if being a Republican today means striving to expand presidential power as far as possible -- in fact beyond the power ever held by any king? And what if being a Democrat today means the very same thing?

Then you get something like H.R.1540, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, and in particular Section 1034:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=24882

"If you become the enemy, the enemy wins, no matter the outcome of the battle." Thomas Marik, 1 January 3055

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:18 am 

Climate cleansing: Google to censor skeptics?

Will Google start censoring climate skeptics? Can anyone say Googlegate?

The Yale Forum on Climate Change reports that,

… Google leads people to accurate information about climate change. Fifty-two percent of the 980 sites [returned by a Google search on climate change-related terms] contained clear statements in line with the vast majority of peer-reviewed climate science evidence. For example, if you had searched for “climate change myths” in early May, you would have found this Environmental Defense Fund site, which says, “The most respected scientific bodies have stated unequivocally that global warming is occurring, and people are causing it.”

And Google may be willing to fix this problem for the alarmists. The Yale Forum goes on to state:

Meanwhile, can search engines do a better job of pointing the public toward credible sites?

A Google spokeswoman, who insisted on anonymity because she is not a Google executive, said the company is always looking for ways to improve results. “Last year, we made 500 changes to the algorithm to improve search quality,” she said.

Say it ain’t so, Google… don’t be evil!

Below is the text of JunkScience.com’s letter to Google CEO Larry Page.

http://junkscience.com/2011/05/20/clima ... -skeptics/

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:07 am 

Did Ian get lost or did they forget to turn on the mic?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 am 

Oh Ian... I should have guessed that punchline. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 am 

That's ok Ian, George does that every night.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next